AIBILI- Association for Innovation and Biomedical Research on Light and Image (hereinafter “AIBILI”), values the relationship it maintains with its Beneficiaries and makes the best efforts in implementing technical and organizational measures designed to guarantee data protection, privacy and respect for rights and freedoms in processing personal data.
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy provides information on how AIBILI processes Personal Data and guarantees its privacy, security and integrity in the development and execution of its activities.
AIBILI performs the processing of Personal Data as a Controller. AIBILI provides services and / or supplies products, by determining for this purpose and without limiting:
The processing of personal Data is carried out in accordance with the general principles set forth in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016) and other legislation related to data protection, namely:
· In the context of the relationship with the Data Subject, AIBILI ensures that Personal Data will be processed in a lawfully, fairly and transparent manner (“Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency Principle”);
· AIBILI collects the Personal Data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and does not subsequently treat the same Data in a incompatible manner with those purposes (“Purpose Limitation Principle”);
· AIBILI ensures that only process Personal Data that are adequate, relevant and limited to what is strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are processed (“Data Minimisation Principle”);
· AIBILI adopts the appropriate measures so that Personal Data qualified as inaccurate, taking into account the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (“Accuracy Principle”);
· AIBILI maintains the Personal Data in a way that allows it to be identified for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed (“Storage Limitation Principle”);
· AIBILI ensures that Personal Data is processed in a way that guarantees its security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by adopting appropriate technical or organizational measures (Integrity and Confidentiality Principle’).
‘Personal Data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data Subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
‘Processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
In the context of activities developed by AIBILI, “Data Subject” may include, without limitation: current, past and future clients, partners, clinical research volunteers, job applicants, employees and former employees, collaborators of subcontractors, suppliers and service providers and their collaborators, applicants and claimants, visitors and all those individuals who maintain a relationship with AIBILI and to whom the Personal Data relates.
AIBILI may collect personal data concerning under 18 years old and incapable persons, when provided by the parents or a legal representative, when expressly consents to this collection, for the pursuit of one of the purposes identified in the scope of this Policy, or when it arises from legal obligation.
In the development of its activities, AIBILI process Personal Data of a significant set of categories of Data Subjects.
The personal data that AIBILI collects always depends on the nature of the interaction, but may include the following Data Categories:
By reference to the “Lawfulness Principle” enshrined in the current data protection laws, in the development and execution of its activities, AIBILI only processes Personal Data when there is lawful basis that legitimates the treatment.
These are lawful basis:
AIBILI storage the Personal Data only for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. However, AIBILI may be obliged to storage some Personal Data for a longer period, taking into account factors such as:
The Data Subject may, at any time and by writing, exercise the rights enshrined in the Law of Protection of Personal Data and other applicable legislation through the email
Personal Data will be treated by AIBILI only in the context of the purposes identified in this Policy, in accordance with the internal policies of AIBILI and using technical and organizational measures designed according to the risks associated with the specific treatment of Personal Data. The technical and organizational measures designed ensure, to the maximum extent possible, the security and integrity of Personal Data, in particular in relation to unauthorized or unlawful treatment and its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Whenever the lawful sharing of data through the Internet is verified, AIBILI will ensure the transmission in a safe way, using secure protocols, whenever this is technically possible. However, it may not guarantee subsequent sharing by the third parties to whom this information has been assigned, in a bidding and substantiated manner.
AIBILI acknowledges that the information it provides may be confidential. In the scope of its activity, AIBILI does not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make available the Personal Data to any third party, except in cases where it needs to share information with the Service Providers for the purposes established in this Policy or Third parties for the purpose of fulfilling their legal obligations.